Saturday, May 06, 2006

I'm a giant slacker.

Okay, so it's been over a month since I posted anything to the wombat blog. I know...I suck. I have no real excuses, other than to say that for a while I've been wondering what the point in posting really is. There are so many blogs out there that it's not terribly likely anyone will run across mine, and even if they do will my ramblings really give anyone food for thought?

Maybe...maybe not. But I guess that's not really the point after all. The point is that ideas are where change begins. Most likely anyone that runs across my blog, whether they agree with me or not, will agree that there is something wrong with the world we live in, and most of them will probably not be sure what exactly it is that's wrong. For a long time, I was one of those people.

Now though, I have a much better understanding of the role that freedom (or lack thereof) and economics play in shaping society. So hopefully I have some things to say that will give others something to think about and reach their own conclusions. In the process my own conclusions and understanding will be tested, shaped, and solidified. So, even if nobody reads my spouting off about this or that, someone still benefits in the process...and that's the whole point.

No comments: